Sunday, April 7, 2013

Salmon River- Early Spring

In early spring the DEEP stocks large quantities of trout into the TMA on the salmon river. Even though the water is still very cold in March, many anglers line the river. This can be frustrating, especially for me. I can't resist the opportunity to wet a line, and the action in my favorite small stream is usually not that great until april. Therefore, I wade into the frigid waters and cast to the stocked browns, rainbows, and brookies.To my surprise, I caught a small wild brook trout near the mouth of Dickonson Creek (pictured in my first blog). For those who do not know the area, this is the tail end of a particularly large pool. Suspected this fish had wandered out of the smaller and colder Dickinson to feed in the slower waters of the big pool. I also landed quit a few more stocked trout over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment