Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hand Fishing for Trout: Why I Hate it

Over the time I have spent out on small stream, I try to clean up trash, move brush from undercut banks, and generally keep them in fish healthy states. When I see someone littering or chucking rocks in a little native brooky hole, I get P-O'D! One of the most annoying things is seeing people catch brookies from what they (the fish) consider to be safe havens, by grabbing them by hand. The worst is that a lot of people (teens mostly) KEEP THE FISH! This is illegal in every state and is destructive to unstable fish populations. I can see how someone in a survival situation could benefit from such  a technique, but otherwise, I would like to see more people act towards conserving these beautiful little trout.

No comments:

Post a Comment