Saturday, March 14, 2015

Clear Water

I went out to the stream again yesterday in hopes that the colder night time temperatures stopped the muddy runoff. Thank goodness I was right! The snow being more packed made travel easier as well.

I tied on a Stimulater and was surprised when It was taken by a small brooky who was unable to get the hook. I replaced the dry with a Something-or-other and started hooking into some stunning little natives. Fortunately for my hands I did not get a chance to dip my hands into the frigid water and hold them. The all made there escape early in the battle. Non to hand, but the number of takers and the brief fights inclines me not to right this one of as a skunk. Man was the water gorgeous. SO crystal clear.




6 comments:

  1. Seems like it was a nearly perfect day out there! Glad you had so many hookups, and it seems as though the brookies are coming alive after this harsh winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though sluggish they are feeding more heavily now.

      Delete
  2. Clear water and bugs hatching, WOW! It's almost here. Sounds like they are ready to feed.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always bugs hatching, there are always fish feeding, but it is sometimes not possible for us to go out and catch them.

      Delete
  3. Too cool. Your waters are so different than what I experience. I hope to experience them someday. Until that day arrives..keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete