Thursday, June 11, 2015

Karma for Breaking a Promise

I broke my promise from last week and visited that pond again. The fish gods punished me for it. The carp were still spawning, even though the water temperature is to warm for it and they have been at it for more than 3 weeks. Why? I ain't no fish scientist.
Worse, the pickerel were nowhere to be found, I kept loosing perch, and though I was able to sight fish for big largemouth on the flats and got good eats, I either missed or lost every one of them. What the heck. Regardless I was gad to be there. Wade fishing the flats is always a relief in hot weather, and it was fun to see small bass leaping for dragon flies and carp leaping and chasing the big females round. Also a beaver towing a branch across the pond. I didn't get skunked, two bluegills too my black bunny leach.





4 comments:

  1. Watching that beaver was the joy of that trip. He had his eye on you to. He must be taking fresh greens to mom in the den.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      He/she was carefully observing me the entire time.

      Delete
  2. RM
    That fin could indicate jaws may be swimming in those waters. Really unusual color for that gill, reminds me of the colors on a smallie. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Not sure what fin you are referring to?

      Delete