Tuesday, November 24, 2015

It's Been Fun

Catching panfish on the dry well past the time I have in previous years has been a blast, really. But unfortunately I think this may be over.I tried a couple of ponds today, and though I saw what I thought at first to be a rise in one pond, there was ice on both ponds to some degree and the fish weren't having the dry, and they wouldn't go for the dropper. Although there's going to be a pretty significant though brief warm up at the end of the week I'd rather focus that time on brook trout and a fish that has eluded me for years, pike. So I think panfish are out, at least for a little while.

6 comments:

  1. Good things put on hold.
    Thin ice on our pond here this AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary! I am already looking forward to spring....

      Delete
  2. RM
    I would think that the bluegill is located on the bottom in a lock down mode, especially when there is ice forming on the surface.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the fly down while keeping good bite detection.

      Delete
  3. ICE, not good for fly fishing. Get to a stream. Yea, we are all looking forward to SPRING.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every season has it's perks. I can't wait to fish the first snowfall!

      Delete