Saturday, December 5, 2015

Sometimes it Just Doesn't Happen

I did some pond fishing yesterday, hoping for bass or panfish. Nothing worthwhile happened at all really. Sometimes it just goes like that, especially this time of year. If you read my blog often you know that I almost never skunk out. That has been happening now, of course it usually does this time of year. Some other times it seems like something magical is about to happen, and then it just doesn't. Here's a good example of that from last weekend, a fish rising frequently that shut down the moment I began casting to it.

4 comments:

  1. That's the way it goes. I'm sure Saturday will give you more time to find the takers of the fly. maybe the cold air and sun will inspire them to eat.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      I think some more warm weather is going to help me out. It was cold air that brought me those skunks.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe your waters are frozen over yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally the ponds are already encrusted to some extent, but during a healthy year I can fish the fly in all seasons here!

      Delete