Friday, January 22, 2016

Just in Time For Cabin Fever Season...

It's the season of fly tying, sitting in, and watching videos from New Zealand and Patagonia where it is summer right now. I hate that. When I'm stuck here preparing for a big winter storm some bloke in NZ is probably catching 27 inch browns on dry flies. As a bitter consolation prize, we get the Fly Fishing Show season. Today I went to the exposition in Marlborough, Mass. where I spent more than I should have on fly tying materials and enjoyed fellow CT angler Steve Culton's  "Wet Flies 101" presentation as well as a bit of conversation afterward. But best of all, I got my mother to have a short casting lesson. She wasn't bad.
After this deluge things are going to warm up again big time, and I should be fishing TMA's in February looking for that next dry fly month to knock off the calendar
.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you went to the show. Mom always said she wanted to fly fish. Take her with you sometime and when she catches her first on a fly, she will be hooked. Enjoy the heat wave this week!
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She says she can't stand still that long. Evidently she has never seen me fish a river!

      Delete