Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A New Old Camera, and Crappies

Because my faithful old Kodak is on it's way out and it's reliability for capturing my daily fishing expeditions is in question, I've been forced to switch to a Fujifilm, secondhand from my brother. I honestly don't like it. Although it is 14 megapixels verses my Kodak's 12, it has half the zoom and a tiny lens. Not to mention the terrible LCD screen. I'm going to upgrade when I can, or maybe just by a replacement for my kodak (there are still a few "new" ones on the market) but for the time being this is what I've got to work with. Who knows, it may grow on me. I'm still figuring out how to handle it which is why today's photos aren't so good. Anyway, this evening fishing was laid back and really restricted to the last two hours of daylight and that was just enough time to get a whole pile of crappies. I know the fall bite is really on when I find a thin weed bed in 10 feet of water and crappies are stacked from a foot below the surface all the way down to the bottom! If there isn't much room to work with they get shy after a ton of their buddies get pulled out in quick succession.








2 comments:

  1. Your brother came to your rescue when we needed him. "Thanks Mal, we couldn't do without Rowans blog photos." The photos are good and so was the fishing.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had his old camera for almost a year now, so fortunately it was not ever going to be an issue.

      Delete