Wednesday, June 16, 2021

One Daylight Mouse Fish

 Some days I don't care to do what will be most efficient, what will get me the most or the biggest fish, or what makes sense. I just want to see one fish smash something ridiculous. A couple weeks ago I had one of those days. I wanted to see a wild brown smash a mouse, and I didn't care to do anything else. I went to the sort of stream I knew would be conducive and I proceeded to have a riotous time watching trout slash, boil, and jump all over my fly. Only one ate it well enough for me to get a hook set, but that's fine. That was all I wanted.


That's really all I have for today. Tomorrow's post will be much longer; and it most certainly won't be about trout!

Until next time, 

Fish for the love of fish.
Fish for the love of places fish live.
Fish for you.
And stay safe and healthy.


Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, C, Franky, Geof, Luke, and Noah for making Connecticut Fly Angler possible. If you want to support this blog, look for the Patreon link at the top of the right side-bar in web version. 

4 comments:

  1. Gotta agree with you RM... Sometimes, fishing something, well, "just because", is a reward in itself. And mousing up a trout qualifies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days I just want to see a wild brown...

    ReplyDelete