Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lake Pocotapaug Bliss

The past few days have seen me stalking almost everything that Pocotapaug has to offer, from bass to carp. The first day was spent in a white perch blitz with a fish a cast on a small bugeyed crayfish streamer. This good fishing continued for an hour and a half. I even hooked two smallmouth during the action. The next day was spent chasing bass in pickeral in a small side pond that connects to the lake. Several fish were landed. In the evening I observed a beautiful spinner fall in the shallows. Today I took advantage of low water levels and chased tailing carp in the flats from my kayak. When I finally hooked one it smashed through my leader after a powerful run. It sounded like a startled swan taking off. All in a weeks fishing on the lake.....
 


 This is a fly similar to the ones the perch took. this very fly was lost to a big card today.
 Nasty bare feet and my warm water fly rod.
 A fiesty little smallmouth.
 A can't resist the colors of a yellow perch. They are so beautiful.
 The white things are spinners.
Sad fly line. It lost it's big fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment