Monday, November 2, 2015

Glass

I spent a couple hours this afternoon fishing for panfish on the flats. This time of year bluegills and perch move into these shallow water to seek the warmth of the sun. They also feed while they're there. A damselfly nymph and an 8 foot fiberglass fly rod were my weapons of choice. On a full flex glass rod like this one, even the fight of a small bluegill is exaggerated. Glass takes time to get used to, I haven't used either of mine for a while now and I made some mistakes that mirrored the fact that I've been using graphite all fall and summer.




4 comments:

  1. Nice rod. Nice weather for catching those little beauties. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I enjoy all weather as long as their is some un-frozen water around.

      Delete
  2. RM
    Really hard for me to get away from my graphite fly rods, I have used glass but I keep going back to the graphite. Beautiful gill!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      Graphite is definitely more forgiving.

      Delete