Friday, May 13, 2016

Do What You've Got to do...

Dalton and I were going to put the kayaks in the Bell Pond this morning, but he ended u not feeling well so I was on my own without a truck to carry the kayak. I decided, since it is only a five minute walk to just portage my yak up the road. I was on the water in no time, although my shoulder was a little sore. I tried to get some carp and failed despite there having been plenty of them rooting around under the grass that is shooting up.


When I determined that the bell pond's super skittish carp were too skittish for the yak, I looked for bedding bass. I caught some dinks, but I also managed two really nice fish off of beds ( 1 1/2 to 2 lb). The wind kicked up and that was that, I headed home.

2 comments:

  1. That last pic was a good bass. Nice tie for them!!
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete