Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Some Amazingness for Peter Laurelli

Peter Laurelli has been periodically quietly dropping some of the most incredible saltwater fly fishing videos I've ever seen for a number of years now. I found his work on Youtube a few years ago by looking for some good striped bass fly fishing videos. I was getting frustrated, I could find anything I felt was really special. Than I came across this:


...and I was absolutely floored. I have watched every video it Laurelli's SIFF series multiple times. And I have to say, if you are suffering from salt withdrawals and cabin fever right now and can't take thinking about blitzes and big bass or albies, DON'T WATCH THIS STUFF!!!!! The other day Laurelli finally put out a short edit of the four year long SIFF18 project, and I've since tied 60 albie flies that won't get used for months and walked around the house for hours doing a two hand retrieve with no rod under my arm, setting the hook of ghost albies. This is crack people, if you aren't addicted yet, don't start now! That being said...

If you are a permanently addicted, absolutely zero hope of ever shaking the obsession, totally stuck person (like me), take a look.

 vimeo.com

I can't even... man! Saltwater fly fishing is insane. Word is the full 25min+ feature will be done before the stripers return home.







Thanks Peter Laurelli, for feeding our addictions. Albies, I'll see you again in about seven months.


3 comments:

  1. A very well done video with great action. Nice ties! We can understand your excitement.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will only understand the excitement when the top section of your rod comes off while the fish is 100 yards away and still going 30 miles an hour.

      Delete