Friday, November 29, 2019

Thank You!

I hope all of you that celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful holiday and spent time with the people you care about, or maybe some time taking care of yourself too. I enjoyed a hike with my Mom and my brother, we had quite beautiful weather for it.

Photo Bombing the Berkshires
I'm feeling thankful for this little community lately. CT Fly Angler is no big deal. This month we just topped half a million total page views, which is what some less than viral Youtube videos get in a months time but whatever. I'm amazed I get an audience at all, frankly. That I have between 200 and 300 people coming here most days, a few frequent commentors, and a handful of people actually giving me money so I can keep doing this blows my mind. Thank you all! To express my gratitude I'm going to be getting a little more active as far as exclusive content on Patreon. Starting next week, I'll be posting one excerpt from my fishing log each week I can, with as little redaction as I feel comfortable sharing. This should give my patrons a good idea of how I collect and record data, which is very important to my own angling success, as well as little tidbits of valuable information about what conditions I look for to target certain species as well as little tidbits, funny stories, sketches, and photos that wouldn't ever see the light of day otherwise. Whether you give only a buck a month, 10, or more, you'll get access to a weekly or nearly weekly log write up. 
I'll also probably do a giveaway soon. I don't know what, probably some flies, some stickers, or maybe a print. I also don't know when but probably before the end of December. In any case, thank you all for sticking around. I appreciate the opportunities this blog, and by proxy all of you, have given me. 
Until next time.
Fish for the love of fish.
Fish for the love of places fish live.
Fish for you.


Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, john, Elizabeth, Chris, Brandon, and Christopher, for supporting this blog on Patreon.



6 comments:

  1. And thank you for keeping this blog going! Truly fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good hike in nature with your Mom and Brother. Thank you for your Blog!
    Tie, fish, write, conserve and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing one of the best fishing blogs out there (IMO). Happy Thanksgiving to you and all my other american friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see an important family tradition endures! All the best to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rowan, this blog stuff is a labor of love, much like small stream fishing.
    Stay with it...

    ReplyDelete