Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hampered By Wind, Saved by Sunfish

I tried to see if the snapper blues are still in Essex today. It was really windy.  I didn't get a single pull.



My alternative was to sight fish for bluegills, pumpkinseed, and crappie. I put on a cinnamon Kate McKlaren and it did it's job brilliantly. The big crappie way the highlight of the morning.




I also checked out a little black-water creek flowing through a ditch along the highway, I have seen some fish moving around in it before. I suspect they are redfin pickerel due to the type of stream. I was unable to hookup today.

4 comments:

  1. That was interesting! You always manage to catch something on your ties. You are my fishing hero.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any advice on how I can get to the Low Country Manifesto document you referenced the other day? Always interested in first-person accounts of news stories the media may or may not be handling well. Thanks, and great fun, reading your adventures!
    - G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no Lowcounty Manifesto, but you can click the link to get "The Fiberglass Manifesto", which is a fly fishing blog, and Cameron Mortenson's post explaining a fund raising campaign for flood relief via the sale of photographs taken during the flood.

      Delete