Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What Happens When I Forget My Hat

Carp everywhere. Big ones. Little ones. Fat ones. Skinny ones. Feeders, cruisers, sun bathers, leapers, oh my! And because I forgot my lucky fishing hat only two takes happened and both fish came off early. Had I been well hatted, I may have had a four or five carp day. Damn.
Well, I know at least that they are out and about.



But after all the carp went deep, I went home. I got my hat, then I went back to the water. I caught the first bullfrog of the year and some gorgeous yearling bass. Did my fishing hat really effect my fishing? Probably, but in a different way than luck. Comfort and attitude is everything in fishing.


4 comments:

  1. RM
    I saw carp doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago on the small lake I fish, they were coming up and barely breaking the surface. I tied on a small dragon fly and finally got one to take the fly, but lost it a few minutes later, mainly because I was using my 3 wt. and the fly rod wasn't heavier enough to handle the fish. My point is use a small dragon fly and see if you can get a take. Carp love dragon flies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we get used to our eguipment and any change can have an adverse effect. That bull frog is looking at you as if he knows you. Nice bass.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete