Monday, July 11, 2016

A Welcome Home Carp


After two mornings of sleeping in late I was finally able to get up early this morning to go fly carpin', I was excited when I got on the lake to see a good amount of carp out and about. There being a lot of carp feeding does not mean they will be easy to catch. It took me a while of working a bunch of fish before I got one to eat. It took a very simple fly: white marabou tail, pink estaz body, and a tungsten bead. The fish made it well into the backing. Surprising. considering how small it turned out to be. In the case of a fish like this, however, size does not matter. This carp was in fantastic condition. Not a scratch on it. I'll be back out tomorrow looking for this ones' mother.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and nice color. Hope you do catch it's mom tomorrow! A little different than fishing in Main.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fly fishing, aside from the species and scenery, only differs a little bit in different places.

      Delete