Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Murderer of Tech

Just about the last thing you want to hear from your buddy while you are both looking into a tide pool is the question "Is that your phone?".

It was my phone. Fully submerged in the most abundant technology destroying thing on this planet, salt water. Salt water kills electronics. It kills reels. It kills rod components and over time even fly line. Wading gear, clothing, anything with metal... it's all at risk. And there was my phone sitting 5 inches down in saltwater, and it had likely been there for a while.

How it still works I have no idea. It was non-functioning all day but the moment we pulled into my driveway I tried it and everything was working! And it still is a full day later. The only hiccup seems to be that the on-off button works about 75% of the time. That's a hell of a lot better than not at all....

Did Noah and I catch anything? Yes, yes we did. Stripers. I got a couple decent ones, but the majority were under 14 inches. We ended up making the mistake of leaving fish to find fish though, and that definitely did not work in our favor, nor did the bluebird sky.  I did get to see a ray of some kind, wish I could have hooked it. What... a... day.




2 comments:

  1. That fish has Mrs Dash and a cast iron skillet written all over it. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      As tasty as fresh striper is I could never keep one that hasn't taken the hook deep or fought to exhaustion.

      Delete