Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Low Pressure Pond Fishing

There is always a bit of a bite during a low pressure system. Some are better than others. It's hard to beat a mid summer, hot, humid, low pressure day. But I'll take a cool cloudy low pressure day in late winter. 

Today the pickerel were biting in one of the local ponds. The biggest one I caught still has battle scars from the spawn.




I also returned to the hunt for a golden pond shiner and once again failed. I caught some bluegills and a comically tiny bass. I really can't wait for those 65 degree days when I can catch fish every cast and five or six of them will be gorgeous giant silver or golden minnows.


2 comments:

  1. You know I love the snap of a pickerel! The whole pike family can be exciting to catch. Beautiful catches!
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true. Every member of the Esox family is a worthy adversary.

      Delete