Monday, March 28, 2016

Minnow Hunting

Rudd and golden pond shiners really, not the tiny little shiny fish used to catch crappies. The bigger shiny fish used to catch pike. Being that I like to catch anything big enough to pull a little, and especially beautiful specimen fish, so I sometimes go looking for species that get overlooked. Rudd and pond shiners are some of the prettiest fish I have caught, but for a small, densely populated, not too picky fish, well, they are a pain to catch! I fished too ponds today, caught tons of bluegills and a few small bass, then on the last cast hooked a golden on a Floss Pinkie. Small, gorgeous, and hard to come by... I'm happy.


Well... crap.

(Don't worry, he popped off after a few seconds)


2 comments:

  1. Nice catch on a stick, a great photo!!! That pond looks very inviting. Does it hold Pickeral?
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete