Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Catfish Again, and Not a Carpy Morning

I went out early this morning to show Kirk (RKM) some good water to improve his chances of getting his first carp on the fly. We saw some activity but it was an unusually slow morning and most of the fish were out really deep. He did get one shot at a bubbling fish that could have been good luck but that wasn't how our morning was working. I did manage to get an aggressive bass to take, and we both hooked catfish. I landed mine, he lost his. Next time the carp will be tailing.

2 comments:

  1. Catfish love frogs. This time of year they have a big feed, They love your ties to.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. I'm just surprised by the number I've been catching, and on flies no less.

      Delete