Thursday, April 10, 2014

Return, With Wild Rewards

Today an itch came over me, and the decision was made to return to the stream I visited yesterday to properly fish it. The sky was bright blue with only a high cirrus cloud layer. The wind was a bit brisk, but that has never stopped this fly fisher. The stream was warmer than expected, and is probably fed by quite a few springs. The fly of choice was a small pale nymph, and it did it's job well. Three gorgeous natives were brought into the bright light and crisp air. They, of course, weren't happy. I hooked one tiny one, a good sign that this is a healthy stream.


Unfortunately, upon return to my home, I was feeling sick. I took my temperature and I have a fever of about 102. Ugh. Hopefully I will be back in action shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment