Monday, November 3, 2014

Urban Angling

For whatever reason, I have always had a guilty attraction to urban water. I've fished mill ponds, drainage ditches, culverts, and canals for years. I've targeted such strange and unlikely fly rod species as eel, bullhead, and koi.

This evening was spent fishing dries and worm patterns on such urban water for Red Breast Sunfish and Chubs. Of course this time of year is not the best for urban angling, usually summer is prime. I had plenty of challenges to overcome: invasive thorn trees, posted spots, and garbage, just to name a few. In the end I did well.




4 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how far down a stream a junked tire can end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me how often that tire will have a wild trout sitting in it!

      Delete
  2. This would be a great subject to write about. People would love reading about catching trout in a tire.
    Fish on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not really the most romantic and wild way to catch a trout....

      Delete