Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Another Good A.M. Carp Session


It was a good morning for it too. There were a lot of feeding fish out and about. I missed a take and spooked a few of the super shallow beach feeders that I haven't figured out yet, then I got a nice one to eat. It was tailing a few feet in front of me and I sank the fly on his nose. After a few seconds it picked up and started to leave, so I figured it must have eaten. It had, and it had also tangled in the line so when I set the hook I felt the line plucking as it came free. The fishes first move was to take of under the dock. I got it free safely and the battle proceeded. It took a long time... a very long time. The fish jumped twice. It got stuck on a stick. Some of it's friends followed it around periodically and I felt them bumping against the line. It did runs in the form of wide arcs, making a massive wake the whole way.  I eventually got it to hand. Not a chunky fish, but another long one: 33.5 inches to be exact. The fight was 24 minutes long. I have blisters on my hands and bruises from the fighting but. I need a new hobby!






9 comments:

  1. Wow. Just Wow ! Thanks for sharing.
    - G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, man! I've been trying my heart out trying to catch a carp this year. I have a lake in my backyard and the carp hate me! haha

    Sweet pictures, too. Love the up close on the scales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      They are tough fish, I'm sure you'll get one eventually.

      Delete
  3. Not a new hobby... more big fish to work on the callus's :)! Awesome fishing!
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's the biggest one yet, I believe. Nice adventure! Nice carp! Thanks.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinny and long. The biggest of the week, but remember the 20 lb in March and the 30+ lb in May, plus the many high teens fish from June and July.

      Delete
  5. 24 minutes man that's ridiculous! How do you have the stamina for that my hands would be shredded! He was certainly a slender one, but I'm sure you like them like that if they fight this well. How long is the average carp fight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The average carp in 8-15 lbs in my waters and that's typically longer than 10 minutes.

      Delete