Saturday, August 15, 2015

No Koi, Crazy Bass, and Frogs Galore!

I went to my secret koi hole early this morning. The only two times I saw the big orange and red guy he was not eating. What I did catch were panfish, and quite a lot of those. I actually had a big largemouth take a few bluegills off my line.

The craziest fishing was during long lasting attacks by bass on small bait happening in and around the reeds and near rocks. The bait would leap out of the water in mass quantities and the bass were not far behind. In the reeds in made for some crazy sounds.






Some froggy things happened today. I caught a nice big bullfrog who allowed me a very cool photo op, and a neighbor came out of his workshop with a rather lost grey tree frog, a fully grown one. Very cool to see.




They can climb just about anything.

6 comments:

  1. Ribbbbbbbbit !
    - G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like "jugarummmm" and "BRLARLARLARLAEEEP"

      Delete
  2. Great photos with the frogs! Your new banner photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I can't take credit for that though.

      Delete
  3. Wow the tree frog is super cool!

    ReplyDelete