Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Full Rich Day

I went all over the place today, hunting out brook trout streams. Some were good, others stunk. The first spot was a new one for me and took a lot of effort to reach. Luckily it was one of the two streams with native jewels. A Red Humpy took some nice little fish in nearly every pool. Come spring runoff, this will be a very productive spot.




Very pronounced lateral line on this one.





The next spot was one I have fished before. One cast with a Parachute Adam's brought up a Brooky, and his fight spooked the rest.



Luckily that was one gorgeous Brook Trout, his colors were particularly vibrant. I went take a down to at his friends, and they were very tightly grouped. It made for a pretty good picture.

I stopped at a nearby location that I knew probably didn't have brookies, but hey? Why not. There were no trout and I got nailed by a hornet. On to the next location!


The next two spots were char-free, at least at the current time.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the char! That brook looks like its got no more than a few inches of water in it.. Tomorrow is my day off, and I think I'll be hitting up a few thin blue lines. Have you had much luck on Flat Brook? or even Day Pond Brook? Feel free to meet up with me if you want -Weight Forward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The first stream was no more than 6 inches deep. Flat Brook has some Natives, I doubt that Day Pond does. I have tried it on a few occasions.

      Delete
  2. you really do need rain there. It must be tough to keep from spooking them. Nice catch.
    Fish on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it took some very careful stalking

      Delete