Friday, June 24, 2016

Fishing with the Family

I don't often get to fish with my family from PA, but pretty much everyone came up to CT for a major family event so I've had a chance to fish with my grandfather (Cliff) and my cousin Adam. Last night my grandfather and I went to the Bellpond hoping for a good evening bite that never really materialized, but who cares? Any chance I have to fish with family I jump on it. There were white perch, small ones, schooling up and chasing bait at the surface, but there were no walleye chasing them.

The Master


And tonight we fished a pond that was new to all three of us. I have never fished there before because it is a private camp pond, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I ended up nailing into a nice smallmouth and a little pickerel. We've got a couple more days, and if all goes well we'll get into some more fish.




8 comments:

  1. RM
    Smallmouth would have a hard time surviving in a pond here in Alabama. Most all the ponds here are shallow. Always good to spend time with family especially fishing. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was pretty surprised to find one in such a small pond too.

      Delete
  2. Thumbs up Rowan...nice to fish with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the weather favored all the events. Enjoy your company, and may the fish favor you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were so happy to be together and the fish were happy that we didn't catch them. It just doesn't get better than it was.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I've never cared about fish's opinions of me. I'd rather Adam had caught a big bass that night.

      Delete