Sunday, June 12, 2016

June 12th

I turned nineteen today. I also graduated from high school. The Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup. And I even managed to sneak a couple hours of night fishing in. I caught a dozen nice rainbows on the Waller Waker, and even caught a big brown, which you see me holding in this photo:

OK fine, that last part is BS, but I did have a pretty good night outing, probably one of my best. And it was a pretty crazy birthday. I had an idea at graduation though. Tomorrow I am going to bike 40 miles and fish every body of water I come across, carrying only my nymph box. I'm only going to spend the time it takes to catch one fish, than I'm moving on. I figure that ought to make a good post!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, congrats on graduating high school.
    Put a sail on your bike and you won't have to pedal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It'd be a pain any time I have to go up wind. I don't think tacking works as well with bikes as it does with boats.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your graduation and Happy Birthday! I second Brk Trt use a sail today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and, congrats on the graduation - best luck with whatever the next steps are. As for the fish-ride... That, sounds awesome!
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off to a good start on the fishing life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done very well Rowan!!! We look forward to see what the next 19 years bring, but for now enjoy each day. "FISHING and enjoying nature"
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. RM
    Congrats on the milestone, you remind me of myself when I was your age, fishing everyday I could. Enjoy the bike trip and land a few for all of us! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      I always do, that's what this blog is for!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great mission. Have fun, RM. Enjoy your youth while you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on graduation and the next phase in your journey. Now that I found your blog will enjoy watching your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete