Thursday, June 16, 2016

Nocturnal Trout Slam

Last night I had another excellent after dark fishing excursion. The Salmon is low and particularly tricky to fish during the day. I is certainly possible to catch fish during the day, but I'd rather be there when the air is cool and the feeding is indiscriminate and aggressive. I got all three species to come out last night, though I didn't get any particularly large fish one brooky was pretty good though).

Flies that worked were a black leech, a white leech, a Muddler, and the Waller Waker. I think I'm going to try a flew big Chernobyl Ants on my next night outing, they tend to be productive at dusk and I'm sure fish will take them in the dark.





4 comments:

  1. Really nice bunch of fish. I imagine the chernobyl ant would be a good call, they work well for me targeting brookies at dusk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! The river does look low, but that's good for night fishing. Do you where a head lamp at night?
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Prolonged lights scare the fish. I tie new flies on by holding them up to the light of the moon.

      Delete