Monday, June 20, 2016

Hoping for a Carp in the Fog

I walked shoreline this morning sight fishing for carp. I do this regularly now, more often than I have been fishing for wild trout (mostly because the water is just too low). Why? The more I fish for carp, the more I respect them as a terrific game fish especially on the fly. Today, for example, I was getting refused by every fish I was able to put the fly in front of. I really didn't see that many, so this isn't saying much, but it was still frustrating. And that's what keeps bringing me back to carp. Of course, there is always plenty of bi-catch during the periods between careful stalking. Today a mouse stripped quickly got some awesome blowups from smallmouth when there were no carp around.





2 comments:

  1. NICE, I love fishing in the quiet fog.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately this wasn't so quiet... too windy for an early morning.

      Delete