Sunday, September 6, 2015

Special Waters

A few weeks ago I made a discovery. It is a discovery that I have chosen only to share with a few individuals who I know will be as protective of this secret as I will be.  Before I go into the picture, a little bit about this stream: It is a spring creek with cold water, sandy bottom, and plant life to spare. It has not been stocked. It contains thousands upon thousands of brook trout. Most are small, but today Kirk and I got to see a huge one, as he says the biggest he has ever seen in CT . We didn't catch it, and I didn't take a picture of it. But it was a sight to behold. I have fallen in love with this stream regardless of it's picky and unwilling fish and unforgiving nature. It is a look into what thing used to be like.





6 comments:

  1. That looks very similar to a stream I fish sometimes in RI, but your stream most likely has a lot more water in it than mine does right now. Those brookies in that stream are gorgeous! One day you'll fool one of those big ones. Hopefully I'll be there to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And colder I bet... I think the best way to get the big ones here would to be during a hatch.

      Delete
  2. Mother nature loves you for this! I know a few streams like this and they need all the help we can provide.
    Tie, fish, write, photo and protect on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one does not need help... it just needs to be left alone.

      Delete
  3. This is proof positive that you are right to be writing your book. Maybe that's a card you're playing close to the vest, too. If so, this won't appear in your blog. Either way, get me some copy to edit !
    - G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and this will make it's way into the book somehow. I don't have anything done enough to send yet.

      Delete