Saturday, May 31, 2014

White Caddis

Today I did some warm water fishing, first for redbreast sunfish in a mill pond. I used a white palmer dry fly. The fish were all tiny, so I moved to another pond.




The second pond is a bit bigger and loaded with big bluegill and bass. Coincidentally a heavy hatch of white caddis was on, with Bass and Bluegill rising to them. My size twelve white palmer matched them as good as anything. I was soon nailing good sized bluegill and the occasional bass. I caught fish well into the dark, and the caddis just kept coming. By the time I left it was to dark to see the fly, so I had it sunken and was using a figure eight retrieve. The fish ate it less often but it was easier to tell when they did.







Fat Belly!



Hard to focus in the dark.

2 comments:

  1. You are certainly making good use of fishing and camera gear ! Thanks for sharing. Gram

    ReplyDelete