Monday, December 15, 2014

Life is Good: Brookies on Bombers

To be honest, I was disappointed with the meager results of yesterdays angling. Though I didn't expect today to be better I went to a small stream I am single handedly trying to turn back into brook trout water. It is going O.K. The goal today would have been to do some chub population control, but they have already settled back into the deep holes in swamps where they will stay the winter.
Instead of pointlessly fishing the fish-less stream I went to a tributary that survived well over the years. Where I went was only about a 30 yard stretch between private land with one pool. I decided I might as well tie on a size twelve Ausable Bomber. Why not?
I got a rise on the first cast. I ended up landing three, loosing four, and missing two others with that bomber. In one pool. One that I lost was maybe a foot long.  Not half bad for ten minutes in the evening on a warmish December day. Quite a morale booster. Life is good.












2 comments:

  1. Life is good. They knew you were coming on a sunny afternoon. Wish we could catch those little beauties here.
    Fish on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      You just need to look a little harder. Trust me, there must be some.

      Delete