Sunday, December 7, 2014

Title

I spent too long thinking, so screw it.

I went out this afternoon to check out a few small streams. The first was too high and discolored to be fisheable. The next wasn't quite as bad. Fishing a PT bellow a San Juan Worm I managed one small Native, but that was all she wrote there.


The next stream was at an almost normal level but still colored. Regardless, I hooked into a wild Brown in a short run. When I first saw him I was surprised, in the past few years I've fished this stream the only trout to come out were native Brookies and one wild Tiger. Given the last one I thought there should be browns, I just never caught any.


Finally, to prove I din't tie on the San Juan on for no reason, a colorful male Brooky took it in a deep pool. He was the last and biggest of the day.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful fish, and to answer your question you asked on my blog, yes Farmington River is in that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, on both accounts! It certainly deserves it....

      Delete
  2. Haha I like your "title" as I can relate :)

    Sweet fish, RM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'd rather not be repeating titles.

      Delete
  3. You did very well concidering the weather and stream conditions. We have very high water now. I will not fish in deer season here. To many crazy hunters.
    Fish on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have up here a law against hunting on Sundays... not everyone is a fan, but I am.

      Delete