Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Lists

I love targeting unusual species on flies. It presents new challenges and learning curves. I've said before that I will give up fishing the day I no longer learn from it. I don't see much chance of me quitting before I die.

So her is my list so far in the short time I have been using flies to fish, in no particular order.

Atlantic Salmon
Brown Trout
Brook Trout
Tiger Trout
Rainbow Trout
Smallmouth Bass
Largemouth Bass
Chain Pickerel
Redfin Pickerel
Bluegill
Redbreast Sunfish
Green Sunfish
Warmouth
Rock Bass
White Bass
Striped Bass
Black Crappy
White Perch
Yellow Perch
Common Shiner
Chub
Fallfish
White Sucker
Red Hoarse Sucker
Common Carp
Brown Bullhead
American Eel (Technically it ate the fish I was landing, but hey...)
Bluefish

My goals for next year:
Channel Catfish
Walleye
Northern Pike
False Albacore
Sea Trout
Hickory Shad
Bowfin
Muskellunge
Stealhead
Bigger Stripers, Blues, and Suckers

Life Goals:
Tarpon
Redfish
Snook
Permit
Roosterfish
Peacock Bass
Paijara
Mako Shark
Blue Shark
Softmouth Trout
Bull Trout
Hucho Taiman
Marbled Trout
Golden Trout
Kunja Char
Arctic Char
Grayling
Grass Carp
Any Swordfish Species
All those crazy little Japanese salmonids
Butterfly Koi
...... I could go on for ever. I may need two lifetimes to get it all accomplished!



No comments:

Post a Comment