Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Eurotackle Z-Spender

Because the Covid19 outbreak is hitting the economy hard and those who stand to lose the most financially are small business owners, I find it pertinent to use this space to promote my friends in the fishing industry. I very rarely use this blog as a platform to try to sell anything, but with trade shows getting cancelled and the economy absolutely tanking, I want to help my fishing friends out in any way I can and this is the best I can do. If we're at all friendly, have chatted on occasion, and you are small business owner who is worried about how things will turn out with this pandemic, please get in touch and let me know what I can do to help.

The Eurotackle brand first found its way into my feed through my now friend and popular multi-species fishing YouTuber Leo Sheng. I was immediately struck by the unique extremely small soft plastics Eurotackle was putting out. I'm not a conventional gear angler in open water but I was getting into ice fishing, so this stuff intrigued me and looked notably different. As more and more people I trusted started talking up Eurotackle, my friend Adam Chabot, a very adept ice fisherman, shared his success with a very unique scud imitation plastic put out by Eurotackle, the Gamma Scud. I promptly ordered some and another micro finesse plastic, the Eurogrub Jr, and had immediate success with them. Fast forward a couple weeks and I fished with Leo for a few days. Ben, the owner of Eurotackle, recognized me from Leo's posts. As it turns out, Ben operates Eurotackle out of his own house in the same town I live in! We got to talking and eventually got together to fish, having a heck of a day hammering trout.
RM Lytle Photo

I like Ben, I've seen what his creative lures can do, and he's as local a company as I can find, so even though I'm lot a lure fisherman, when I asked him if there was anything he'd like me to plug for him and he suggested the new Z-Spender 2" jerkbait I was happy to. I'm a streamer junkie when it comes to, well, most fish that are big enough to eat other fish, and there's really not much difference between that and slinging a slash bait or jerkbait. Sorry purists. The Z-Spender is a cool piece of finesse hardware and it will catch fish. Here it is in a big crappie's face:


I don't care what tackle you fish, if that doesn't get you even a little bit excited, we might not get along very well. Look at that thing, it is a hoss! Early spring crappies like this one can be fickle, and the Z-Spender is a great tool for coaxing them to strike. That goes for any predator species keyed on a smaller profile bait species like darters, shiners, or young of the year perch and herring.






Direct from Eurotackle:
"Unique in the micro jerkbait category, we made our 2 in Z-Spender 1/8 oz and perfectly SUSPENDING which makes it the only one with that specification in its size category.
The profile, one-of-a-kind erratic action, balancing system and realistic or original color patterns all contribute to the incredible fish-catching ability of the Z-Spender.
This deadly package is finished off with two Eurotackle custom treble hooks, designed to increase hookup percentages with superior light-wire penetration.
The lure will excel on Crappie, Trout, Bluegill, Perch, Walleye and Bass.
The Eurotackle Z-Spender is at its best when fished with 3lb. to 6lb. fluoro, with a sweet spot in the 4 and 5 lbs test range. Line diameter will affect the depth it is able to reach and the castability.
Twitch it, Pause it and set the hook!"

The Z-Spender and Z-Cranker in Natura Green UV.
Now, it must be said that I can't vouch for these lures having fished them. I haven't. But I've seen them fished, I've seen them in person, and I have fished some of Eurotackle's other products. I am impressed and I think they fill a niche that needed to be better filled with higher quality products. Eurotackle finesse lures do a better job at something fish haven't seen that much of yet in open water fishing and a better job at something already widely practiced in ice fishing. I like Ben and I like his lures. Give Eurotackle some love if you're looking for some finesse fishing products.

Until next time,
Stay safe and healthy.

Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, and Franky for supporting this blog on Patreon.

*All photos in this post courtesy Eurotackle unless otherwise captioned.

3 comments:

  1. Thats a cool little lure - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great promo Rowan. These are very well done lures. I love the color matches.
    Tie, fish, write, conserve and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Props for supporting local business, RM. I would like to catch a few of those crappies, that is for sure. My Dad would take us out every spring to catch a "mess of them" as he said. Mom would make a wonderful fish fries out of them. Something I will never forget.

    Stay Healthy and Strong,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete