Thursday, April 9, 2020

Brackish Flies

Because the Covid19 outbreak is hitting the economy hard and those who stand to lose the most financially are small business owners, I find it pertinent to use this space to promote my friends in the fishing industry. I very rarely use this blog as a platform to try to sell anything, but with trade shows getting cancelled and the economy absolutely tanking, I want to help my fishing friends out in any way I can and this is the best I can do. If we're at all friendly, have chatted on occasion, and you are small business owner who is worried about how things will turn out with this pandemic, please get in touch and let me know what I can do to help.

Geoff Klane has been a good friend of mine for while now. I've fished with him in both CT and MA, on my home waters and his and a little bit in between. When I met him, he had already started his business, Brackish Flies, tying custom fly orders and guiding, and soon after he started rod building as well. His business has grown substantially in the time that I've known him and that's fantastic. Geoff is a good dude and good people deserve success. Right now, like so many other small fishing businesses, Geoff is having to deal with clients understandably canceling early season trips as well as trade show cancellations.


This would be a great time to give Geoff  holler and stock up on some flies. I've fished flies that Geoff tied and they were workhorses. They took a beating and lived to take even more. Geoff has gotten especially creative with the deadly Empie Shiner pattern, he can pretty much tailor that one fly to match most baitfish color variations. There aren't many predatory fish species that won't eat an Empie Shiner. 


Geoff builds some pretty fantastic looking and functioning rods as well, so if you are in the market and want a rod made exactly to your specifications, it is definitely worth looking to Brackish Flies.


And, of course, when things start to get more relaxed in the not-to-distant future, consider booking a day with Geoff. He guides for warmwater species in the Lowell canals with emphasis on carp, striped bass long the Massachusetts shoreline, and for sea run brook trout. Geoff is very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and just a pleasure to spend  day on the water with. So check out the website linked in the second paragraph and buy some flies or a rod, or book a future fishing trip.


Until next time,
Stay safe and healthy.

Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, and Franky for supporting this blog on Patreon.

*All photos in this post courtesy Geoff Klane unless otherwise captioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment