Tuesday, September 29, 2020

It All Went Down in Buzzards Bay

 I could still hear the frantic calls of gulls and terns ringing in my ears as we hit the road home. It had been one of those events. Bait, predator fish, and birds all collided under the right conditions, and massive blitzes were scattered all over. We paddled till our bodies wouldn't let us, bent rods on bass and blues, a few of them large, and almost died in raging and turbulent currents. This was the stuff I live for. This was the goods. Everything broke and we lost our minds over the course of two days in Buzzards Bay.





















 Until next time,

Fish for the love of fish.
Fish for the love of places fish live.
Fish for you.
And stay safe and healthy.


Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, and Franky for supporting this blog on Patreon.

4 comments:

  1. Nice bluefish. We haven't had one over 8" since June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't really consider it nice, 8lbs is my threshold for that, but it's better than what we've been seeing.

      Delete
  2. Nothing like a bent rod to make the day. The blitz was on.
    Tie, fish, write, conserve and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day was made before the rod.was ever bent.

      Delete