Thursday, January 28, 2021

2020: A Year in Photos (Mostly)

  Every year after the calendar turns over to the next, I do up a little post of highlights from the previous 365 days. I fished 294 days in 2020, which is less than 2019 but still above my average day count. I spent a lot more time looking for amphibians and reptiles than any year prior, so some snake photos are mixed in this post. Noah and I had two big trips in 2020; to Florida for nearly a month and to Western Pennsylvania for four days. I also spent some time in North Carolina, the Catskills,all over Massachusetts, and as usual Rhode Island. It's difficult to pin down what my best fish of the year was. The 20lb fly rod topwater striper, the just under 50lb live eel striper, the 23" Farmington wild brown, the Caribbean sharpnose puffer, and the 19" smallmouth are all viable candidates and I haven't picked yet. It might end up being none of those, I don't know. 

I spent some time on the water with some good folks despite Covid. I made new friends in Leo Sheng (Extreme Philly Fishing), Luke Ovgard (Caught Ovgard), Jake (Barbell Outdoors Ecology), "young" Noah (also known as Garth), Badger, and a few others. Of course, I got to spend some good days with my long-time fishing partner Noah, a few memorable trips with good friend Ian Devlin, and a lot of days looking for snakes with my reptile mentor Bruce. I got to see my friends Kirk, Brandon, Liam, Boot, Kid K, Doc, and Geoff out on the water as well. Probably the best thing to happen to me this year though was meeting my partner Cheyenne. 

2020 was absurd, messy, frustrating, and exhausting. It also gave me some of the best moments and people I have in my life. I can't hate it. 

















































































Until next time, 

Fish for the love of fish.
Fish for the love of places fish live.
Fish for you.
And stay safe and healthy.


Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, John, Elizabeth, Brandon, Christopher, Shawn, Mike, Sara, Leo, C, Franky, and Geof for making Connecticut Fly Angler possible. If you want to support this blog, look for the Patreon link at the top of the right side-bar in web version. 

Edited by Cheyenne Terrien

8 comments:

  1. Amazing year, and the pic's are super! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, great fish! But my favorite is the creepy doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did make it a good year. I hope 2021 blesses you with more of the same. Great photos!
    Tie, fish, write, conserve and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a retrospective! Great to see you smiling with fish, and to know how many you release. Thanks for sharing the life you love.

    ReplyDelete