Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cold Weather and Tying

Yesterday it snowed. I don't mind the stuff, and it can be downright gorgeous, but it doesn't make reaching the remote streams that I love an easy task. The cold doesn't help either. These conditions signal time to leave still water all together and focus on rivers and tying flies. I will hopefully be out on the Naugatuck this Sunday for salmon, so stay tuned for that. I would probably not be as active a fly fisherman as I am if I didn't tie my own flies. I tie any pattern for any species, from panfish to salmon. I design my own patterns too, as is shown in some previous posts. One recent pattern I created is a golden stonefly nymph with mono bead eyes.
Blurry snow.

The recipe soon to come, once I have caught a fish with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment