Thursday, April 10, 2014

Return, With Wild Rewards

(4/20/2019- This post contains examples of very poor fish handling. Use them as an example of what not to do. Thank you, 
R.M. Lytle)

Today an itch came over me, and the decision was made to return to the stream I visited yesterday to properly fish it. The sky was bright blue with only a high cirrus cloud layer. The wind was a bit brisk, but that has never stopped this fly fisher. The stream was warmer than expected, and is probably fed by quite a few springs. The fly of choice was a small pale nymph, and it did it's job well. Three gorgeous natives were brought into the bright light and crisp air. They, of course, weren't happy. I hooked one tiny one, a good sign that this is a healthy stream.



Unfortunately, upon return to my home, I was feeling sick. I took my temperature and I have a fever of about 102. Ugh. Hopefully I will be back in action shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment