Friday, January 16, 2015

Icy Brookies

This morning I passed a stream that looked to be relatively clear of ice. When I got home I got together my gear and made my way there. Unfortunately there was a little more Ice then I thought, but there was enough water to work with. I tied on a pink worm and put my new rod through the paces.



It wasn't all that long before I brought to hand a very floppy 5 inch native. He made his escape before I could touch the shutter button. The next fish came about an hour later, and was much smaller. After releasing him I played around with some smaller fish that would whack a small wet fly as may as ten times without getting the hook. It is forecast to warm up a bit here, so I might get some more time on the water soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you were able to take advantage of the warmer weather and catch some natives. The symmetry of the pink spots on that little guy is unreal! Your prolific posting has been much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you,
      I've noticed that to be a trait of yearling fish.

      Delete