Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pike Prep

Every winter I say I'm going to go after pie in the spring. This time I mean it! I've whipped up flies, leaders, and I have the gear to do the pike dance. All I need to do now is convince Dalton that it is a good idea and make sure the kayak didn't crack in the cold yet, then come ice out we'll make our way to the Salmon River Cove, where Dalton will no doubt use spinning gear unsuccessfully while I huck these beastly creations on the eight weight and bring to hand some giant Esox lucius. I'm pumped just thinking about it!




6 comments:

  1. Pike are so much fun on the fly. Something about a fly in the water just makes them want to kill it. Best of luck this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are voracious predators, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Your ties are great. Pike and muskie will charge them. HANG ON.
    Tie and write on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I'll have to come down your way in order to get into some musky.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree. Until then I'm sure your fly boxes will be overflowing with great feathers and fur. When Spring and Summer get here all you will have to do is fish.
      Tie, write and shovel on...

      Delete
    3. The best feeling in the world is when all yo need to do is fish.

      Delete