Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Clear Water Flat Fishing for Carp

This is the time of year that carp begin to bulk up. Also, the cooler weather that we now have here is decreasing the algae bloom and the water clarity is now dramatically better. That means that in water where I could once only see carp with their tails up, or ones that were making a lot of bubbles, I can now see this:


Despite getting some of those shots that make ones legs shake and heart beat sole to a crawl, but I was unable to get a good eat on an egg pattern or on a big mayfly nymph. But I did get some colorful little sucker spawn eaters.

4 comments:

  1. The flat water does look good. Guess they just didn't want to eat. I'm sure you enjoyed the ride though.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,
      Not my flies, anyway. But all the ones I saw were happily searching through the silt and weeds.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking water. Stalking carp in the shallows is awesome.

    ReplyDelete