Thursday, December 22, 2016

Stuck in a Rut

Often times I get into a bad habit of staying in until late in the day and fishing streams that aren't likely to be very productive (namely ones within walking distance) this time of year. That sometimes leads to long stretches of fishless or mostly fishless days. I gut stuck in a rut of going to places that I've seen so many times already that when I'm not catching, they kind of loose their charm. I'd rather be not catching anything somewhere new, at least to add a new place to the list.

In other words, I am bored.



4 comments:

  1. I always like to explore new waters whether I catch any or not. If I don't catch any fish at tough times, like winter, etc., then I try and return to it mid-spring and see if it is truly productive water or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael,
      I do the same thing, though I must say I often forget to go back until it gets cold again! Too much water, too little time!

      Delete
  2. Yea I know, it's that time of year. Think about your adventures for next year and make plans.
    Tie, fish, write and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That isn't it. I fish when there's open water. The down days will happen but any time off the water now, if I don't have to work, is just wasted. I refuse to stay complacent.

      Delete