Saturday, December 23, 2017

2 Days, 2 Streams, 2 Species

Enthused be my fairly successful outing on my home river the day before, I returned on Thursday with waders on. The results, though they weren't bad, were not as good as the day before. I attribute it to fishing the same water two days in a row with slightly colder temperatures the second day. I did catch two, and the second was solid at 11 inches. As with the day before, the only fly I fished was an Ausable Ugly. The naturalized citizens love the Ugly. 





Yesterday I wanted some brook trout. I stepped out my front door, kept walking past y bike and the cars, and was on the water in less than 10 minutes.



Then, in about 20 minutes, I had a brook trout to hand. I fished for less than and hour and was home with just a 55 minute outing and three gorgeous brook trout caught. People wonder how I fish almost every day, this is a big part of it. Want brookies? All I really need is 45 minutes. Walleye, bass, pickerel, carp? Short walk up the road after dinner. Panfish? More options within 10 minutes than you could shake a stick at. This is the case for a lot of people and they just don't make use of it.







This time of year can be really drab in CT. There's not a whole lot of bright color going on outside. I've been feeling the need to change things up, and I am. Next week, if all things go to plan, I should be wearing shorts again and be surrounded by green.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures same as always, of both trout and surroundings. Nice to have wild trout within walking distance of home. Merry Christmas to you, RM.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Merry Christmas late as this may be.

      Delete