Friday, October 5, 2018

Blitzes After Montana

Yeah, that's right. I want to write about this first. Suck it up. The real meat and potatoes of the Montana trip will come. 

I needed something to combat the onset of depression from the distinct lack of sky and mediocrity of trout fishing in Connecticut. No, I still don't plan to permanently move out west. But I needed a shot of  Southern New England's best to stop from feeling claustrophobic. And, in my view, it gets little better than salty water, striped fish, a dry sea breeze, and a manic blitz. Noah and I dragged his board and my kayak to some striper water in western CT and had at it. 

The bass were there. The bait was there. Though they were all small fish they put on a really good show for us. 








I found myself smiling and laughing. I love this place. I love these fish. Striped bass make me happy.
And that's all I really have to say about that. 

If you enjoy what I'm doing here, please share and comment. It is increasingly difficult to maintain this blog under dwindling readership. What best keeps me going so is knowing that I am engaging people and getting them interested in different aspects of fly fishing, the natural world, and art. Follow, like on Facebook, share wherever, comment wherever. Every little bit is appreciated! 
Thanks for joining the adventure, and tight lines. 

4 comments:

  1. The big sky is different from the east.
    Good action from the striped bass.
    Tie, fish, write, conserve and photo on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albies were very thick and very co-operating (for a pleasant change)this week)(eastern sound/NY side). Albie snax were all that was needed. Caught the largest ever (20 minutes to get him at the boat). Gentleman's release, at the boat. Fine by me. Very few stripers and blues seen schooling. Not like last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had enough albies on conventional tackle this year already... 3. That's enough. From here on out, flies only for fat alberts. They really are made for fly rods anyway.

      Delete