Thursday, October 24, 2019

More Blitztober


Noah and I hit it right again on the 19th. It was a rough day for the kayaks but we had bass blowing up peanut bunker for hours and hours. Thanks to a text from Mark Phillipe we made a last minute change of plans and, though we showed up fashionably late and didn't see much going on initially, it wasn't long before the stripers and gulls started making a ruckus. 


It was a day variety in terms of fishing scenarios. I hooked up casting in open water with no visible breaking fish, casting into breaking fish, trolling, up in a creek, blind casting from a rock, sight casting in the wash on a sand beach, two hand retrieving through heavy blitzes, overhand crawling the fly around and under thick schools of peanut bunker, and dead drifting and swinging a flatwing in heavy current. This is one of the things that keep me in love with stripers. There are so many ways to fish for them, even with one rod, one line, and one fly along a one mile stretch of beach on one day.



 Noah and I both caught a ton of fish this day. I also got some tremendous blitz photos, some of my favorite ones I've ever taken. Unfortunately they are pretty revealing of the location, and though at times I'm fine with somewhat revealing beach blitz photos, these weren't ones I'm comfortable releasing for anyone and everyone to see. The place is actually a little consistent, not many places are as consistent anymore. One of the benefits I extend to my top tier patrons on Patreon are exclusive monthly posts. Since I've only got a few top tier patrons and anyone generous enough to render financial support to my crazy exploits can't be half bad, I will share them there... enjoy, generous people, and I can't thank you enough!



Though the weather is honestly absolute garbage for consistent fishing, Blitztober isn't over yet. Noah and I had a little bit of action this morning and we are expecting much more tomorrow. Here's hoping....
Until next time.
Fish for the love of fish.
Fish for the love of places fish live.
Fish for you.


Thank you to my Patrons; Erin, David, john, Elizabeth, Chris, Brandon, and Christopher, for supporting this blog on Patreon.

4 comments:

  1. Been great fishing here too. Like you say, so many ways to fish them. I always start with fly trolling and a "toe take" (that's so the rod doesn't go overboard!). Then if in the melee it is definitely fun to cast and see if you can hook up that way. My big one came to me retrieving from a troll, getting ready to cast. I just wrote about my trip I took on Tuesday. The amount of peanut out there is good. I also saw my first winter common loon on Sunday and my first winter red throated loon yesterday. They are also taking advantage of the peanut. Strangely haven't seen any seals though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a handful of loons around all summer.

      Delete
  2. I know how much you enjoyed that, I did.
    Tie, fish, write, conserve and photo on...

    ReplyDelete