Thursday, May 29, 2014

Outfished

I don't like being out fished, particularly on a trout stream by my spin-fishing colleague. Dalton caught seven Brook Trout today on spinners. I managed one. Regardless of the fact that they were all stockers, they were pretty and fought well. One Dalton caught was pushing sixteen inches.


My lonely brookie took a size eight yellow bodied orange soft hackle. When they are attacking other's spinners, this fly is killer. I did get a few good fallfish on a March Brown, and was covering a rise when two beavers went through the pool and shut him off.


Here is the big boy:


2 comments:

  1. These thing happen, but just being there would give me a thrill.
    Fish on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just frustrating. I was happy to see another's success.

      Delete