Saturday, September 6, 2014

Different

This morning I awoke early to go carping. The conditions seemed similar to other days I had been successful. However, on the water, a wind was chopping up the flats, making sight fishing nearly impossible. When there was a break between gusts, I could see feeders way out on the edges of the flat. They were not particularly focused feeders. Every once in a while a big wake would be seen, or a jump. It was as though they were arguing over where to have breakfast. These were not catchable fish. As I wandered around to the deeper dam side of the pond, I saw a surface disturbance. There, plucking food from the bank, was a nice common carp. This is what I was looking for.


I crouched down and carefully presented the fly in front of the fish. He didn't spook, but I am certain he felt the line. That was my only chance. I really should have tied on thinner tippet anyway. Oh well. I did catch one fish, the same Smallmouth from Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment